Website Reed & Reed, Inc.
Weld metal parts together, according to layouts, blueprints or work order, using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes. Will be required to pass standard tests to meet certification standards of governmental agencies or professional and technical agencies. This is a safety sensitive function. Qualified applicants must have met, or be experienced enough to qualify for, minimum requirements to attain Vermont Agency of Transportation Welder Certification.
- Fabricates, joins, and/or repairs equipment, fixtures and various types of metal objects and structures using oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, MIG and TIG welding techniques.
- Performs related tasks such as flame cutting, mechanical cutting and grinding. Safely layout, fabricate, cut, fit, position, clamp together components, weld all types of materials, make structural repairs and equipment repairs.
- Operates drill presses, power saws, grinders, metal lathes and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools.
- Analyzes plans, drawings, work samples, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of welding assignments.
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scraper or power chipper, portable grinder, or arc-cutting equipment.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position.
- Inspects finished work for conformance to specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable codes.
- Knowledge of welding techniques, (oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, and MIG), tools and equipment.
- Skills in the fabrication, joining and repair of a variety of metal objects, equipment, fixtures and structures.
Completion of an accredited welder’s training program; OR, Completion of an accredited two year welder’s training program; OR two years of welding experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Potentially OJT programs are available for trainees on specific projects.
To apply for this job please visit reed-reed.com.