If you’re interested in a great opportunity with a growing Maine construction company please submit your resume.
The Surveyor’s primary responsibility is to assist with projects, Project Managers, and Project Superintendents with the planning, setting control points, collecting as-builts, and laying out construction projects. His/Her secondary role is to support Reed & Reed in Project Engineering and Quality Control on an as needed basis. The roles and responsibilities of the Surveyor may change to meet the needs and complexities of specific projects, such as QC support or office engineering. He/She is responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with owners, engineers, subcontractors, and personnel within Reed & Reed.
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Demonstrate critical thinking, judgment, attention to detail skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to maintain effective relationships with owners, engineers, subcontractors, and personnel within Reed & Reed
- Exhibits drive and passion for heavy civil construction
- Displays ability to review plans and specifications for good understanding
- Strong ability to operate survey equipment and establish construction layout points to facilitate and support construction activities
- Experience with CAD/GIS software,
- Collection and developing point and line-based data that can be represented in two and three dimensions
- 3-5 years of construction related experience with demonstrated success and experience in project layout using Total Station, and GPS systems
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Surveying, Engineering or related field with LSIT (License Surveyor In Training) or PLS (Professional License Surveyor)
- Maintain positive relationships within the owner, engineering, and subcontractor firms
- Help maintain communications flow between multiple Project Managers and Superintendents
- Perform construction layout to facilitate and support construction activities
- Provide Project Engineering support to Project Managers (e.g. Survey Scopes, estimates, take-offs), conversion and editing electronic drawings for job site
- Provide QC/Engineer support as a secondary role
To apply for this job please visit reed-reed.com.