Website Reed & Reed
The successful candidate will support the Project Team in implementing the company safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment.
- Maintain OSHA compliance with the following topics in mind;
- Perform routine job safety analyses and project safety inspections and reviews;
- Conduct daily inspections of equipment and tools to ensure they are in good working order and pose no safety threats.
- Identify unsafe environments and take corrective action with the Superintendent.
- Emergency Action Plan
- Fire Prevention Program
- Hazard Communication Program
- Personal Protective Equipment Program
- Maintain a functioning, trained Emergency/First Aid Response group
- Develop and maintain an Ergonomics Improvement Program
- Maintain all training documentation.
- Support company vision, mission, values, policies and ideals while exhibiting a strong work ethic and professional image.
- Take a positive approach to problems and work collaboratively and creatively toward solutions.
- Manage Safety conflict under the direction of the Project Superintendent and assist in effectively resolving disputes.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are being met (i.e., OSHA, DEP, EPA, DOT, NFPA)
- Provide initial new-hire safety training and/or site specific safety training as required and follow-up interaction for all new employees.
- Act as the Company liaison for accident management to include accident case management, governmental action, workers compensation, file management and follow-up with health care workers and patients.
- Work with OHS Director and Human Resources Director to maintain a post-accident and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing policy.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a safety related program or minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in professional safety.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
- Ability to work as an effective part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and applicable regulatory agencies.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Products.
- Access and print safety related reports from our system.
- Ability to train all levels of the organization.
To apply for this job please visit reed-reed.com.