Website Reed & Reed
Job Description: Responsible for managing the electrical process of design-build Wind Farm projects
- The Electrical Project Manager will lead and manage complex design-build electrical projects, which includes project development, preconstruction services, and construction of wind farm and other design-build energy contracts.
- The Electrical Project Manager will have a dual reporting or matrix framework, reporting to the Project Manager on project-specific responsibilities and to the Vice President of Construction on project management, management or resource-related issues.
- The Electrical Project Manager will oversee and support the efforts of Electrical Project Engineers who are responsible for managing the electrical tasks on specific projects.
- The Electrical Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of electrical work related to the development and execution of wind farm projects and other potential energy projects. This includes:
- Project development (proposal support and meetings).
- Preconstruction services (estimating, electrical scope definition, electrical design development and review, design and subcontractor pre-qualification, equipment procurement support, project schedule support, and coordination with project owners, designers, subcontractors, and utilities).
- Construction services (management of designers and subcontractors, schedule and budget management, major material procurement, and coordination of design and work activities with owners, designers, subcontractors, wind turbine suppliers, and utilities)
- Manage and supervise our efforts of electrical design and construction of collection and transmission systems, and substations.
- Comply with the Owner, Owner’s engineer, and other applicable project requirements.
- Create and maintain a well-organized controls process for energy contract documents (design and electrical scope, DOR matrix, subcontractor work, and material procurement).
- Provide electrical estimating support for the development of all new projects, and review and approve changes to active contracts.
- Manage the QA/QC program for electrical design and construction for collector and transmission systems, and substations.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years electrical engineering experience related to energy and power systems.
- Proven success managing significant, complex design-build energy projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and management knowhow.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and promote effective relationships with owners, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple, complex tasks.
- Experience working with the following codes:
- American National Standards (ANSI)
- National Electric Code (NEC)
- National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- International Electrical Testing Association (NETA)\
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
This is a safety sensitive function
To apply for this job please visit reed-reed.com.