Reed & Reed, Inc.
Reed & Reed is family run company that has been in business for over 80 years and is located in Woolwich, Maine. We are a heavy civil construction firm that specializes in bridge, marine, and wind power energy projects. Our projects have been largely located in Maine with a modest amount of work in New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts. Most of our work is self-performed by our own crews, field staff, and equipment that allow us to control schedule, cost and quality. Our client mix includes both public and private entities with projects ranging from $500K to $100M+. The company is over $100M in revenues, and it continues to grow and remain profitable despite the tough economic times.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Electrical Engineer will assist the Project Superintendent and the Electrical Team with the planning, organizing, and managing of specific tasks within the assigned project.
The roles and responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer will change to meet the needs and complexities of the specific project. He/She will be expected to work fairly independently with a moderated amount of oversight and mentoring, depending on the skills and experience level. This individual will interface with a wide range of individuals including clients, design engineers, and electrical subcontractors. The Electrical Engineer will work as an integral part of the preconstruction and construction teams. Responsibilities include:
- Review electrical designs and offer cost saving ideas
- Develop conceptual estimates
- Assist the project manager in overseeing the construction phase with such responsibilities of cost control, submittals, subcontractor coordination, and resolution of owner issues
- Manage the material procurement process
- Undertake QA/QC field inspections
- Assist in scheduling
- This is a safety sensitive function.
Requirements and Education:
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Career interest in heavy civil construction
- GPA of 3.0 or better is preferred
- Some exposure to construction is also preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit reed-reed.com.